Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The feelings of fall

Well, fall is here. The smells, the sights and the deer. Archery season opened on the 1st and I was able to get out this past Saturday afternoon. It was a beautiful afternoon. The weather was great. Right around sunset, a little four-pointer came out and milled around the apple trees but was too far away to even attempt a shot. He was fun to watch all the same. And then tonight I was able to get out again. Same hunting spot with better results. Again, right around sunset, I saw a deer on the other side of the field and that is where it stayed. With about ten minutes left to shoot, three came out within range. I was able to draw on one but when I went to tough the release, it was too far from my finger. I let off and was just ready to draw again when something behind two of them jumped them and they ran towards me and into the pine trees out of sight. So, two hunts and both times, deer were spotted. It is a long season and with luck, a big boy will step out looking for a little love and that will be his demise. Until next time; TTFN

1 comment:

Shari said...

the 3 of us saw a bunch of deer, up close & personal the other night when we were headed to C's apartment! There were 3 on one side of the road & 2 on the other. But, they were good & went back in the woods!!!